Disinfection is a complex of measures aimed at elimination of infection, germs, and fungi using disinfectants. The main objective is to interrupt the infection transmission by way of disinfection of household items, food, water, etc.
Disinfectants, according to Section II of the Joint list of goods subject to sanitary-and-epidemiological supervision (monitoring) at the customs border and customs territory of the Customs Union, approved by Decision №299 of the Customs Union Commission dated May 28, 2010, are subject to the state registration with the issue of a certificate of the state registration of disinfectants within the Customs Union. This document is issued only once, without limitations as to the term of validity, and is valid in the territory of the Customs Union member-countries (Belarus, Russia, Kazakhstan).
Stages of the state registration of disinfectants:
- Importation of samples
- Preparation of documents.
- Carrying out laboratory tests, toxicological evaluation, assessment of specific efficiency
- Development and approval of instructions
- Conducting of disinfection expert examination.
- Preparation of the application
- Obtaining a certificate of the state registration of disinfectant, and recording in the Register of state registration certificates, as well as of production, sale and use authorization.
Thus, the procedure for the state registration of disinfectants is a very labor-intensive process, requiring special skills and knowledge, as well as time - the period from the importation of a sample of disinfectant to obtaining a certificate of the state registration ranges from 3 to 6 months.